Got a few hours this weekend to continue working on my model of the dock. Made some minor adjustments to the previous built section (cutting and re-fitting), and hunkered down and fabricated the long single track section of the structure:
Spent some time tonight playing with a scaled up blueprint of the ATSF China Basin ferry slip. As a result, I'm going to tweak the dock build a bit and even shorten the moving element of the float bridge. It is pretty close, and matches nicely with the NScaleShips float barge.
Fast forward a few years, and I managed to design a shield version of the circuit when I had some vacation time stacked up. A few weeks ago I got my PCBs and spent about an hour this weekend putting together the first prototype:
After some fumbling with the attachInterrupt API (I'm using a Leonardo), I'm now decoding DCC packets: