November 18, 2020

Another American Can Company Kitbash

It has been nearly a year since I have had any time to work on my San Francisco street track shelf layout.

What got me out of the armchair this time was a very nice new product line from ITLA (https://itlascalemodels.com/collections/industrial-wall-modules). My prior attempts was clearly stalled by a massive painting (really masking) project.

The ITLA wall sections are modular, to scale, and incredibly well engineered— there is no need to mask the them as the reinforced concrete, windows, and brick inserts are separate laser cut parts.  To that end the  kit is designed to be press-fit to together, and all gluing can be done from the back side.



This project also gave me a chance to play with the new line of acrylic paint from AK Interactive. I was able to dilute the finely ground paint with water and was able to wash in grout lines in the N Scale brick inserts.  When I didn't dilute the paint, it was very saturated and covered nicely.

It is nice to get back into the saddle again after a long set of work projects had me sidelined.